Roxanne A. Miller
Roxanne Miller practices primarily in the areas of corporate reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property. She has advised clients on domestic and multi-jurisdictional corporate restructuring. She has represented both borrowers and lenders in multimillion US dollar commercial transactions supported by various security documentation including, debentures, promissory notes and guarantees from local companies and offshore SPVs.
She has authored and co-authored numerous articles in international and local publications including publications in the World Trademark Review, Informer Law and the Financial Gleaner.
Roxanne Miller is a Partner of the firm and a member of our Corporate and Commercial Department.
Roxanne is an associate tutor in the Law of Association at the Norman Manley Law School. Roxanne is an active member of Technology, Broadcasting and Telecommunication and the Commercial Law Sub-Committees of the Jamaica Bar Association. She is a former Director on the Board of the Foundation for the Development of Caribbean Children (FDCC).
Lincoln’s Inn, England & Wales (2005) and Jamaican (2006) Bars
Legal Education Certificate, Norman Manley Law School (2006)
Bar Vocation Diploma – Very Competent, Nottingham Law School (2005)
- 2013 – Advised on the restructuring and refinancing of one of the largest distribution conglomerates in the Caribbean and Central American region with operations in over 30 countries whose business lines include food, pharmaceutical, and telecommunications.
- 2015/2016 – Advised on the reorganisation of domestic subsidiaries of a world-renowned Mexican hotel resort chain.
- 2015 – Represented a borrower in a US$ multimillion dollar secured loan to finance a full service private hospital in Jamaica.
- 2016 – Member of a team which acted in the takeover of a company listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange. DunnCox acted as legal counsel to an international beverage company during the Take Over Bid process.
- 2017 – Represented major regional commercial bank in the refinancing of a US multimillion secured credit facility to an automotive group.
- 2013 Business Law Review, published in the DunnCox E-Newsletter, July 2014 Issue
- Minimum Business Tax in Name and Nature, published in The Financial Gleaner, June 20, 2014
- Fired or Redundant (Not all firings lead to pay-offs), published in The Sunday Gleaner, November 27, 2011
- Outsourcing Your Labour Force & Redundancy Obligations – Paper presented at Seminar on ‘Labour Relations & Industrial Disputes – A New Paradigm?’ held on September 13, 2011 in Kingston Jamaica
- Coming Soon: A System to Track Credit History, published in the Sunday Gleaner, March 29, 2009
- Image Rights Protection for Jamaica, published in the Financial Gleaner, October 17, 2008
- Unfair Trade Practices and the EPA, published in the Financial Gleaner, July 25, 2008
- Extending the Life of Patents, published in the Financial Gleaner, June 15, 2007