Proceeds of Crime Act
- Constructive notice nationwide of the trademark owner's claim.
- Evidence of ownership of the trademark.
- Jurisdiction of federal courts may be invoked.
- Registration can be used as a basis for obtaining registration in foreign countries.
- Registration may be filed with U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
- negotiating an agreement which has terms and conditions which the Purchaser can fulfill and to advise him/her on the implications of those conditions.
- checking with the Titles Office for any existing Caveats, Mortgages, charges or other encumbrances and have them discharged where applicable.
- arranging for a surveyor’s identification report seeing to the transfer of the title to the purchaser.
- a description of the property
- particulars of vendor and purchaser
- sale price
- date for payment of balance
- cash or subject to mortgage
- penalty for default, etc.
- Stamp Duty-3% of sale price
- Attorneys fees for preparing agreement for sale
- Registration fee- $5.00 per $1000
- Miscellaneous fees - letters to utility companies
- Transfer Tax—4% of sale price
- The Real Estate Agent’s Commission, usually 5% of the sale price.
- Each party pays his own Attorney-at-Law.
- Applying to the Court for a grant of Probate of the Will.
- Collecting the assets of the estate.
- Settling the liabilities of the estate.
- Administering the estate in keeping with the terms of the Will.
- Acting as Trustees in relation to the legacy of minor beneficiaries or as the Will directs.
Disclaimer: These responses are intended to provide general information. They are not to be relied on in place of legal advice. If you would like to know more about the subject covered or require legal advice, please contact an Attorney at DunnCox.