Lincoln A. C. Eatmon
Lincoln Eatmon is the firm’s Senior Partner and head of the Corporate and Commercial Department. He has a wealth of experience in corporate and commercial law, banking, structured finance, mergers and acquisitions, securitizations, acquisition finance and loan documentation. Lincoln’s practice offers strategic company and corporate advice to banking institutions, institutional investors and private and publicly traded companies in both national and cross border transactions.
A Partner since 1976, Lincoln is a Notary Public and serves on the Board of CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank (Jamaica) Limited.
Lincoln has repeatedly been selected for inclusion in the independent publication, International Financial Law Review 1000 (IFLR1000) as one of the leading business lawyers.
Lincoln also has extensive experience in sports law and administration in Jamaica, and has been involved in many high profile anti-doping hearings in Jamaica some of which have been heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS). He has also served as a member of disciplinary tribunals. Well known for his involvement in the administration of Jamaican athletics, Lincoln is currently a Vice-President of the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association and served as member of its Executive Committee for several years. He was the Team Manager of the Jamaican Athletic team at the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Malaysia, the 2004 Athens Olympics, and the 2007 Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He was also a member of management teams to the 2000 Sydney Olympics and World Championships in Athletics in Athens, 1997, Paris, 2003 and Daegu, South Korea 2011. He also served as Deputy Chef de Mission to The Pan American Games 2015 in Toronto.
Called to the Bar Lincoln’s Inn, England and to the Jamaican Bar, 1973
The Council of Legal Education and Lincoln’s Inn, England (1973)
- 2016: Member of DunnCox Team that acted as Jamaican counsel to an international beverage company in the Take-Over and delisting of a Jamaican beverage company which manufactures an internationally known brand of beer and was listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange.
- 2016: Member of the team acting for a regional company in the sale of its holding in an airport concessionaire.
- 2015-2016: One of the attorneys at DunnCox that acted as Jamaican legal advisors to a government entity throughout a privatization of the Kingston Container Terminal, including the bid stage, evaluation stage, negotiations and finalizing of the transaction documents. Along with international counsel, we drafted or reviewed various documents, including the Request for Proposals, Information Memorandum Concession Agreement and Leases. (Selected as 2016 IJ Global North America Port Deal of the Year).
- 2015: Acted as member of a team acting on behalf of a major commercial Bank in the sale of specific loan rights.
- 2014: Acted in the delisting of a regional commercial bank from the Jamaican Stock Exchange.
- 2012-2013: Member of DunnCox Team which acted on behalf of an international petroleum company in the purchase of a petroleum marketing entity operating in Jamaica which included due diligence on its Jamaican assets and operations
- 2012: Member of a team which acted for a Jamaican Bank in its delisting from the Jamaican Stock Exchange and the purchase of Minority Shareholdings.
- 2012: Member of a team that acted as Jamaican counsel on behalf of an international beverage company in the take over and delisting of a Jamaican Group of Companies producing mainly alcoholic beverages and which was listed on the Jamaican Stock Exchange.